- A brief history of APL Conferences
- APL98 Conference site
- APL2003 Conference call for papers
- APL2007 Conference home page
Past Other Things
Some Older Papers
- An Adaptive Query System by E. Kellerman - (1969) Describes an adaptive query program, coded in APL, to allow users to ask questions in everyday English and to receive answers with minimal delay.
- APL as a Notation for Statistical Analysis by K. W. Smillie - (1969) Discusses using APL as a notation for statistical analysis and presents an example deriving the chi-square statistic for independence in a two-way contingency table.
- Is APL Epidemic? Or a Study of its Growth Through an Extended Bibliography by J. C. Rault and G. Demars - (1971) An attempt to demonstrate that the use of APL is growing in an epidemic fashion.
- APL\360 History by Adin Falkoff - (1969) A talk on the history of APL from 1957 to 1969.
- A Generalized Digraph Simulator by Brooke Allen - (1976) An introduction to directed graphs with an implementation in APL.
- A Collection of Graph Analysis APL Functions by E. Girard, D. Bastin and J. C. Rault - (1969) Presents a set of functions dealing with graph theory.
- Graphics in APL by Alfred M. Bork - (1972) Describes an experimental graphic facility within APL on timeshared graphic terminals.
- The Hunting of the Snark by Philip R. Chastney - (1972) A consideration of the formal semantics of APL particularized to the consideration of the unusual properties of the null expression with reference to these properties having been fully documented by Lewis Carroll.
- Welcoming Address to APL69 by G. Bruce Dearing - (1969) Some thoughts on adapting education to the 21st century.
- Modeling the Arithmetic of Statistical Distributions by Leo H. Groner - (1986) Examples of using APL2's defined operators and general arrays to extend arithmetic to handle ranges, polynomials, extended precision and fault tolerance.
- Questionnaire Results - (1969) A priority list of desired additional APL features and support, with some pictures of the conference banquet.
- A Time Study in Numerical Methods Programming by Glen B. Alleman and John L. Richardson - (1974) Tests of the effectiveness of APL and FORTRAN in providing solutions to numerical analysis problems found in scientific investigations.
- What's Wrong With APL? by Philip S. Abrams - (1975) An examination of criticisms of "Iverson Notation", in the form of APL, with considerations of how the language might be improved.